Blankets of Love....

After finishing the top of MY quilt.....I was left wondering what to do with the left overs.....They are too wonderful to throw out so I started piecing them together.... the have made an equally wonderful tiny quilt....just really too small to do anything with....but then I remember the 'Blankets of Love' organisation....they have people make and donate quilts for babies who die prior, during or just after birth. So I have decided to finish it and send it to them.
It is a bit wobbly around the edges due to being scraps but I'm thinking a border in either of these two blues....of maybe a thin one of each...I thought I had some backing here....a perfect pink stripe....but it is not enough...so will have to find something at the shops on the weekend.

It measures just under 28" square

Comments

Helen said…
I think we have the same shade of grey carpet AJ! This looks lovely, a perfect blanket of love.
Anonymous said…
Oh AJ what a lovely idea and gesture. We should all do more things like that.
It's looking lovely.
Emma said…
What a lovely idea; great thought!
thehummingcat said…
Helen does have the same carpet you know!
Nice pattern and colours for a Blanket of Love.

Popular posts from this blog

The Great International Stash Busting Giveaway

{3rd Birthday} Octonauts party

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Spring 2010