{six} Starburst

I keep coming back to this 'Lone Starburst' block on Pintrest....over and over and over again. So while I was bouncing from one project to another yesterday I started one!

PA053613

Following the links from pintrest leads you to Fresh Lemons. A beauitful blog full of eye candy of the quilty variety.

The link specifically talks about her Travelling Quilt a version of a Round Robin quilt but requiring each person to secretly add anything to the quilt based on a theme decided on by the few blocks that start off the quilt.

Faith made star blocks, one of which was the 'Lone Startburst' that I keep seeing pop up on Pintrest. She directs you to the paper pieced pattern that she used on the Six White Horses blog. Another beautiful blog full of eye candy!

Here is what I've got so far....in pretty pinks....I'm thinking that this would make a good Doll quilt for a swap I'm in or.....my quilty giveaway at the end of the month!


PA053615

PA053619

I've finished half the block with only a little unpicking....and I remembered why I don't like paper piecing.....but it is looking good so far!

PA053622


What suggestions do you have for a border for this block?

Don't forget to leave a comment on my first Blogtoberfest post here to enter the giveaway and comment on any other post in October to get an extra entry!

Comments

LittleWhiteDove said…
Gorgeous block, AJ, and the pinks are fantastic!
Milly said…
I hope this is your doll quilt and I am your secret partner!
becanne said…
Think I need to follow the links! I haven't been on pinterest for ages so I've missed this block. The pinks are great.

Popular posts from this blog

The Great International Stash Busting Giveaway

{3rd Birthday} Octonauts party

700!!