{WIP} Memory Quilt

I was showing a colleague some of  the quilts I have made in the past a few months back and didn't think much else of it til she approached me asking if I make quilts for others.

I have done a few in the past here, here, here, here and here. But this one is going to be different. It will be a memory quilt with photo blocks of the 13 grandchildren this lovely lady has.

I started drawing up a plan....and then sashed the photos.





Decided the photos were bigger than the picture that I had in my head and needed bigger fabric blocks to go with them. Re-drafted the blocks and fabrics cuts....bigger cuts means less of them right?


The photo on the top left has the squares attached to it...the others are just layout on the wall. I'm liking it so far and I quick text with a positive response means I'm on the right track!  Yeah! Now to get it done by the deadline!


Joining in with Little White Dove for the Aussie WIP link up! What have you been making this week?

Little White Dove

Comments

Car said…
Looking great AJ! whens the deadline on this one?
It's gorgeous AJ, I'm sure they'll love it.

Popular posts from this blog

{3rd Birthday} Octonauts party

The Great International Stash Busting Giveaway

Sew your stash thin 2013